Monday, September 15, 2014

Carpe Diem's "Remember This Music?" #1, "Take this Waltz" by Leonard Cohen


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A little while ago one of our family members gave me an idea for a new feature in which the leading role is for "Musical Memories" and I think I have a nice new creation for you all. Today I will introduce to you an all new feature and I have called it "Carpe Diem, Remember This Music?" And as the title already said this new feature is all about memories of music. I think every one has memories in which music plays a role. For example: My wife and I married on a song by Engelbert Humperdinck and I remember the first CD which I bought when the CD-player was introduced. That CD was by Leonard Cohen. Recently I saw a commercial for our Dutch National Railway Company in which a song by Leonard Cohen was used.
That commercial 'triggered' my memory and I love to share that song "Take This Waltz" here with you all.


I hope you did enjoy this wonderful song. I was inspired to write this haiku after listening again to this nice song by Leonard Cohen:

the last waltz -
I saw her again after a while
my first love

© Chèvrefeuille

But that's not all about this new feature .... The goal is to write a four (4) stanza renga inspired on the song you have chosen yourself. You don't need to use this song I shared ... you can take your own song which brings sweet (or sad) memories to you to write that four stanza renga .... So I have to change my haiku above into a four stanza renga ... let me try ...

the last waltz -
I saw her again after a while
my first love

her blond hair waves in the wind
looks like golden sunlight

in the first daylight
as I awake next to her
she looks so beautiful

"take this waltz", she whispers in my ear
and cuddles her naked body to mine

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Cuddling
Well ... I hope you don't mind the strong sense in this post ... and now it's up to you to share your "musical memories" for our CD "Remember This Music?" feature. So have fun, be inspired and share your memories with us all here at our Haiku Kai.

This episode of "Remember This Music?" is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 30th at noon (CET).


6 comments:

  1. Incredible post - sheer beauty of sounds and syllables - and your renga is the best you have written, and a great idea. Could there be any better than Leonard Cohen? Maybe not better, but I'll try one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer beauty.. I'm humbled.. this song brings up memories..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so moved, Kristjaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this one, the series and of course, Leonard Cohen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom and step-father's love story started with Engelbert Humperdinck.

    ReplyDelete