Thursday, September 11, 2014

Carpe Diem #559, Morning dew

 

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,


I hope you did like the "Little Creatures" episode and that it inspired you to write new haiku. But we have also our regular episode for today and today our prompt is Morning Dew ... not a specific issue for autumn, but as a kigo it's only known for spring, so Jane thought it would be a nice autumn kigo too and I think she is right. Morning Dew in autumn is at least wonderful as seen on cobwebs ... than those cobwebs look like crystal, or diamonds ...
Credits: Crystal cobweb
Really gorgeous isn't it? Jane gave the following example of haiku about 'morning dew':

morning dews
coming out a cedar house
the whole forest


© Jane Reichhold

And here is a cascading haiku which I have written somewhere in October 2012 ... not specific for autumn, but I like to share it again here:


dewdrops shimmer
in the flower of the Morning Glory
a diamond necklace


a diamond necklace
evaporates in the warmth of the sun
that's transience
that's transience
mysterious early morning water
dewdrops shimmer


© Chèvrefeuille

Dew on Morning Glory
And I love to share a Troiku which I once wrote for a Carpe Diem Freestyle episode last year also somewhere in October.
Troiku is a haiku-form which I have created sveral years ago and it looks similar with the Russian Troika, a three horse sleigh. The Sleigh is a haiku and with every line of that haiku, a new haiku starts as being the three horses of the Troika ... so that explains why I have called it Troiku. By the way ... a troiku is only possible in the non-classical way of haiku writing.

the pumpkins look cool
flecked with mud
from the morning dew


1: the pumpkins look cool
    almost humanlike -
    all souls night

2: flecked with mud
    the white chrysanthemums
    after the storm

3: from the morning dew
    Monarch butterfly drinks to life -
    sound of funeral bells
 
© Chèvrefeuille
Monarch Butterfly
Enough inspiration I think for this prompt "Morning Dew" ... I hope it inspires you to write wonderful haiku (and maybe you will try your hand on Troiku, in the menu above you can find an article about Troiku).

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until September 14th at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, deserted beach, later on.

2 comments:

  1. So many wonderful haiku you've shared with us here -- a remarkable post, Kristjaan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this form the first time I discovered it :)
    Thanks for sharing it again.

    ReplyDelete