Friday, September 12, 2014

Carpe Diem goes "Full Circle" #3, Mirror



Dear haijin, visitors and travelers,

I decided to publish one "Full Circle" episode here at our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai to introduce it to you all.

Today our third episode of  ''Full Circle'', a special feature at our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special weblog,  and the goal is to write haiku with the twelve (12) words I will give. It's a kind of word-whirl and you have to use the words given in the clock-wise direction. So every word has to come in the line of it's place on the clock e.g. mirror you have to use for line one (1) and leaves for line two (2) and so on.


I will give you twelve (12) words (for every ''hour'') one word. The goal is to write haiku using the words as given in the clock wise way.

Here are the 12 (twelve) words for this new episode:

1. mirror
2. leaves
3. rain
4. butterfly
5. chrysanthemum
6. breeze
7. stars
8. clouds
9. ocean
10. daisies
11. cow shed
12. secret

If you follow the words clock wise than you can compose four new haiku. This feature is just for fun and I hope you will as much enjoy it as I did have fun and joy to create it.

Credits: Colored Leaves mirrored in a lake

Here is an example of a new haiku written with the first three words:

a gleam in the mirror
of colored leaves falling -
the sound of rain

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... have fun ... enjoy this 'struggle with words' and share your quartet of haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and I hope you all will, at least once, visit our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special weblog.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 26th at noon (CET).

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great challenge. I think I am going to need more coffee for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is quite an interesting haiku game

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy wordles, using word lists. - so I will played with this prompt.
    I will post mine tomorrow (September 13th). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a challenge! -- thank you, Kristjaan

    ReplyDelete