Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Carpe Diem #1089 Divertimento in D minor, Op. 3, no. 3 by Anna Bon di Venezia


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of Carpe Diem's month of Inspirational classical music. For the upcoming days I have selected music compositions by female composers from all times and from all over the globe. I wasn't aware that there were so many female composers who have created wonderful music. For today I have a nice piece of music for you created by Anna Bon de Venezia, Divertimento in D minor, Op. 3, no. 3.

Anna Bon di Venezia (1737-1767)
Anna Bon di Venezia:


Anna Bon (1737-1767) was an Italian composer and performer. Her parents were both involved in music and traveled internationally; her father was the Bolognese artist Girolamo Bon, a librettist and scenographer, and her mother was the singer Rosa Ruvinetti Bon. In her short life she composed wonderful music. The piece of music featured here today, Divertimento in D minor, Op. 3, no. 3, was composed in 1759. I think she created a beautiful composition.


I hope this composition will inspire you. (Video source HERE)

heavenly music resonates through the neighborhood early sunrise
birds praising their creator I embrace my love

© Chèvrefeuille

This time I was inspired to create a tanka by this beautiful composition. I hope this music will inspire you too.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 12th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Harpsichord Concerto 1st Movement by Maria Teresa Agnesi Pinothini, later on.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristjaan for another good post. In fact I am not sure what I would do without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. In fact I am not sure if I could do without Carpe Diem. It's such a honor to create this and share it with the world.

      Delete