Friday, December 30, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #224 Candy's 4th Yellow School bus


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First my apologies for being late with this CD Special, it is the 4th CD Special in which I share poems from Candy, our winner of the "Tribute to Jane" kukai. During work and the holidays it wasn't possible to bring this CD Special to you, but today on the penultimate day of 2016 I had time to create this episode. So here it goes. I have gathered a few wonderful haiku and a tanka which Candy loves to see in her e-book "Lonely footprints" which I hope to complete next week.

blue dragonflies dart
along the edge of a pond
playing summer games


yellow school bus
rumbling down the street
small faces framed
behind the square windows
longing for summer days


Yellow Schoolbus
I love these Yellow school buses. Here in The Netherlands we don't have that, but I have seen them often on TV-shows or in Movies. Must be awesome to ride to school with such a wonderful Yellow school bus. 


wind in the pines
swirls upward to heaven
whispered prayers

viewing festival
standing amid pink blossoms
woman’s beauty fades

© Candy

Candy is a real gifted haiku poet and I hope Candy will be part of CDHK for a long time. Thank you Candy for sharing such beautiful poems with us here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Here is my response on this wonderful series of poems by Candy. I have chosen to share a haibun which I have written a long time ago as my Sakura started to bloom again.


SPRINGTIME

When the dark period of the year goes by and spring is coming I become happy. Spring is my season. After hibernation nature begins blooming and comes to live. As I see the Snowdrops come in bloom I feel how Mother Earth is reborn again.
The Cherry- and Plum-trees begin blossoming and especially when the Cherry tree in my backyard is starting to bloom I am so happy.
I have to give a party when the first Cherry blossom blooms. I call all my friends and family to tell them that my Cherry tree is in bloom again and that's worth a celebration. I love that moment. I feel a little child again and come to live after my hibernation.
Springtime ... nature comes to live once again. It's worthy to celebrate when the Cherry trees are blooming, especially mine of course :-).
My Sakura (© photo Chèvrefeuille - 2014)

I have written a lot of haiku about Cherry trees, but I have never written , as I call it, "my masterpiece" on Cherry trees. Maybe this is the one. In this haiku I hope that spring is present.

on winter's edge
the first Cherry blossom blooms
rain falls softly
© Chèvrefeuille
This last CD-Special of 2016 and the last by Candy is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until January 4th at noon (CET).

2 comments:

  1. Thank for the lovely prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristjann, for the special prompts you featured. I am very greatful for you and all the other poets here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete