Saturday, December 17, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #223 Candy's 3rd "silvery moonbeams"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is my pleasure to bring to you our third CD-Special for this month. As you all know in this feature I bring haiku, tanka and sometimes other kinds of Japanese poetry by a featured haiku poet or haiku poetess.
This month I love to share haiku and tanka created by our winner of the "tribute to Jane" kukai, Candy of Rhymes With Bug. Candy is very gifted haiku poet and has created wonderful haiku and tanka. In our 2nd CD-Special I shared tanka by Candy and this time I have chosen a nice series of haiku to inspire you.

silvery moonbeams
reflected in still water
diamonds on the pond


a child humbly born
amid wars and poverty
our hope for peace

"Old Pond" (image found on Pinterest)

blossoms long spent
only brown pods remain
a feast for finches


silver jewels
on flamboyant green spikes
frosted grass

© Candy

All nicely crafted haiku I would say. The work of Candy is really awesome to read and re-read.

the old pond
surrounded with yellow roses -
rippling water

© Chèvrefeuille (from my archives)

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 22nd at noon (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. I love this one by Forestbather - I just can't comment on his post - no comment space, no button.

    ice
    traps the dead leaves
    at the old pond
    where nothing stirs
    not even a haiku

    ReplyDelete