Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Carpe Diem Universal Jane #9 Naked Rock (AHA-poetry 2013)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our CDHK special feature in honor of Jane Reichhold who has meant so much for us, for me and for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, Universal Jane.
I only have warm memories of Jane and several years ago she surprised me around my birthday with a wonderful gift. She send me "The Complete Haiku by Basho", "Circus" a tanka-book, a nice calendar and a wonderful haiku book "Naked Rock". And not to forget in that same package she gave me her wonderful book "How to write and enjoy Haiku".

For this "Universal Jane" episode I love to share a few haiku from "Naked Rock" (2013) to inspire you.

In this haiku book Jane starts with a beautiful prologue, I love to share a part of that prologue first:

See on the horizon that tall rock?
Take my hand it is our ticket
Floating above the rolling hills
The narrow road that knows only us
Leads to the tiny meadow center
For the great giant redwoods
Branches bell the ring around
Chanting chanting sea wind breezes
Lay you down
Lean on us
From our roots
Dark travelers from below the knowledge
Bring that which delights the living
Breath in and out
Lick the dew
Let go
We are here
We are you



Ayers Rock Australia
An awesome start of her haiku book "Naked Rock" ... she creates immediately a mysterious scene, a mystical experience and all the haiku following in this beautiful haiku book by Jane Reichhold are in that same feeling, that same mood of mystical and mysterious scenery.

the way of water
opening up a canyon
follow


spirits
carved in rock
saints


Old Testament
water having its way
with rocks

early artist
rusty water on
a granite body

heart of a beach
silvered with polishing
turns to the sun

© Jane Reichhold (all taken from "Naked Rock" - AHA poetry 2013)

All beauties I would say. And I think these haiku will inspire you to create a new haiku or tanka in honor of Jane.



Here is my attempt to create a haiku inspired on these haiku from "Naked Rock" by Jane Reichhold.

reflections
mountains with their top down
clear blue water


rocks rising
to the clear blue sky
a skylark's song
© Chèvrefeuille
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 18th at noon (CET). Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment