Friday, December 30, 2016

Carpe Diem #1112 Music For The Royal Fireworks by Händel


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Here it is our last episode of 2016. We have had a wonderful year and now we are facing a new year, 2017, and I hope 2017 (our first lustrum, our first fifth anniversary) will become an awesome year starting in January with that wonderful novel by Paulo Coelho "The Pilgrimage". In January I hope to go on a pilgrimage together with you all to Santiago De Compostela while we are reading "The Pilgrimage". Maybe you can remember our pilgrimage months back in 2015, they were awesome and I hope this pilgrimage will be awesome too, I hope even more awesome than our first one.
Of course we have to remember Jane Reichhold, so I have created a wonderful Theme Week around her birthday, January 18th. If she was alive she had become 80 years, so a festive month to honor her and tribute her cannot be forgotten. By the way I hope to create a tradition around Jane's birthday every year of our existence.

This is our last episode of 2016 and I have a wonderful piece of music for you. Maybe you have read the prompt-list for December 2016, than you have seen that I had planned two musical compositons, but I decided to do just one and that one fits this day in a perfect way.

Today I love to inspire you all with this magnificent piece of music by Händel, "Music For The Royal Fireworks".


This wonderful piece of music inspired me to create the following haiku:

New Year's Eve
the sound of fireworks
scares the demons

© Chèvrefeuille

Well .... what can I say more to this episode? Just this:


This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until January 4th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, pilgrimage, later on. For now ... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all your inspiring posts and prompts Kristjaan and I wish you, your family and everyone here at CDHK a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete