Friday, December 9, 2016

Carpe Diem #1091 Sonata in E, Op. 1/3 by Cecilia Maria Barthélemon


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of Carpe Diem. This month I hope to inspire you through classical music from all ages and from all over the world. As I told you in one of my earlier posts this week I have a whole week full of compositions by female composers. I didn't know that there were female composers until I was doing my research for this month of Carpe Diem.

Today I have a nice piece of music composed by Cecilia Maria Barthélemon. There is not much known about her only the following:

Cecilia Maria Barthélemon (1767-1859) was an English singer, composer, pianist, and organist. She was the daughter of Maria Barthélemon, née Mary (Polly) Young, and François-Hippolyte Barthélémon. She published sonatas and occasional music.


A nice composition, it takes a bit time to listen to it, but I think it will inspire you ....

fragile beauty caresses the young flowers a blue butterfly

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 14th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Fantasy in g-moll for Cello by Fanny Mendelssohn, later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment