Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Carpe Diem #1102 Symphony No. 4 Op. 50 by Johanna Senfter


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

2016 Is running towards its end and we have only ten days to go before this year will be gone and a new year will start. This month was a joy to create. I discovered the beauty of classical music created by composers I never had heard of, but ... wow what a wonderful music I have shared here and heard here ... I can only hope that you all have enjoyed it so far and I hope the last episodes will be a joy too.

Today I have a nice piece of music for you by Johanna Senfter, a female composer who isn't well known, but has created wonderful music. I hope her music will inspire you. Let me first tell you a little bit more about this female composer who was born in the 19th century and died in the 20th century.

Johanna Senfter (1879-1961)
Johanna Senfter:

Johanna Senfter (1879 - 1961) was a German composer. She was born and died in Oppenheim. From 1895 she studied composition under Iwan Knorr, violin under Adolf Rebner, piano under Karl Friedberg and organ at the Hoch Conservatory in Frankfurt am Main. This gave her a considerable amount of musical training when in 1908 she became a student of Max Reger in Leipzig. She composed 9 symphonies, 26 orchestral works and concertos for piano, violin, viola, and cello. Senfter was a masterful composer of fugue. All together she left behind 134 works.


It takes some time to listen to this Symphony, but it is sure worth listening to. I hope this Symphony inspires you to create haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form.

As I listen to this symphony I see an open space somewhere high up in the mountains. A peaceful place to be and to enjoy the beauty of nature and the beauty of the one you love. I think this symphony is a nice inspirational source to create tanka ... so I did try to create a tanka.

high in the mountains overwhelmed by the beauty of the Creation I bow my head and embrace the one I love enjoying being part of each other

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until December 25th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Symphony in F sharp minor Op. 41 by Dora Pejacevic, later on.


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful love tribute "being part of each other". Thanks Kristjaan for all your great effort in these music challenges!

    ReplyDelete