Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Carpe Diem #1388 The Community Of The Spirit


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all do like the change of theme from the Quran to Rumi The Mystical Poet. Rumi is one Persia's most known poets next to Hafiz. There are more than 60.000 poems known written by Rumi. He not only wrote poems as we will read here, he also wrote quartrains like Omar Khayyam.

Today I haven't enough time to create a "big" episode, because I am on the nightshift. So for today I only will share an other wonderful poem by Rumi to inspire you. I think this poem can be an awesome source of inspiration and I hope you all will be inspired to create haiku, tanka or another Japanese poetry form.

water ripple
A Community Of The Spirit:

There is a community of the spirit.
Join it, and feel the delight
of walking in the noisy street,
and being the noise.

Drink all your passion,
and be a disgrace.

Close both eyes
to see with the other eye.

Open your hands,
if you want to be held.

Sit down in this circle.

Quit acting like a wolf, and feel
the shepherd's love filling you.

At night, your beloved wanders.
Don't accept consolations.

Close your mouth against food.
Taste the lover's mouth in yours.

You moan, "She left me." "He left me."
Twenty more will come.

Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!

Why do you stay in prison
when the door is so wide open?

Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
Live in silence.

Flow down and down in Always
widening rings of being.


© Rumi
A beautiful poem on love, real love I think. So I love to challenge you to create a haiku or tanka on love inspired on this beautiful poem by Rumi.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 20th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment