Monday, August 20, 2018

Carpe Diem Extra August 20th 2018, upcoming month ... make your choice


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

August is almost gone by so it's time to focus on our upcoming month. I have a question for you all. I am not sure which theme I have to choose for September 2018. I have two possible themes for you and I hope you can help me with making the right choice.

Here are the two themes I have chosen:

September Tan Renga Challenge Month, creating Tan Renga every day or September Gitanjali the poetry of Rabindranath Tagore.

Two wonderful themes I think, but I love to hear from you all which theme to use next month. So please help me to decide. Share your idea through the comment field.

Namasté

Chèvrefeuille, your host

PS. A few days ago I opened the submissions for our 2nd edition of the Troiku Kukai. You can submit your Troiku until September 15th 2018. At the left side of our Kai you can find the link towards the Troiku Kukai. Please email your Troiku to: carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com please write "Troiku Kukai 2" in the subject line.

7 comments:

  1. I think I'd choose Tan Renga, Kristjaan. I really enjoy that challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristjaan! Thank you for including us in this choice. I would like to do September Gitanjali the poetry of Rabindranath Tagore. For me this would be something new and different that would challenge me as a poet. Sweet Blessings, Deborah @ awisewomansjourney.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of both, really, each has great appeal, but I'm thinking, whatever might be "easier" on the brain, just for the transitions into - from August into September, summer slipping into fall, (it's been so hard for weather extremes etc. - all very draining) or conversely, those who walk from winter into spring (also been so draining) ... so for the "inspired" - I'd prefer a bit of relief, a breather - something less "profound" for my having to dig for essences and meanings? does this even make sense? LOL ... sorry, I'm afraid this isn't much help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristjaan: As enticing as a poet such as Tagore is I think I wouldn’t have the time to absorb it in September. Tan Renga would be fun and would feel like a continuation of what we’ve been exploring with Renga challenges this summer. Thanks as always for asking :) Janice (Ontheland)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I choose, poetry of Rabindranath Tagore.
    Thank you for all your hard work on this unique site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristjaan, perhaps doing Tan-Renga during the week and the poetry of Rabindranath Tagore as a weekend meditation that stays open all week might be an idea.

    ReplyDelete