Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Carpe Diem Extra March 22nd 2016 events today Brussels


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Maybe you all have heard about the events in Brussels Belgium. I was shocked as I heard the news. Again freedom is at stake. I wish to say here:

"This is an outrages attack on freedom and I feel sorry that the world has become a place were you have to watch out every day again, you have to look over your shoulder ... freedom lost".

lotuses bloom
reaching to the sun to share their beauty
Mother Earth needs love

© Chèvrefeuille

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the casualties and I am praying for recovering of the wounded not only physical, but also mentally.

Belgium Flag
This said I have a few other announcements to make in response of the discussion about publishing.

As you all know I had to change the "policy" of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. I do understand that this is maybe a "strong" measure I have taken, but it's not only for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers that I have done that. I have done that also for myself. I created Carpe Diem Haiku Kai to promote our beloved haiku (and other Japanese poetry) and give the haiku-poets a platform to share their haiku and to be published. It was only something I loved doing from deep down my heart and the love for haiku.
In a way this whole idea has brought me into "the line of fire", but I had only good thoughts and feelings with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and the haiku-family members. It made me sad to see that there are family-members who have decided to leave their haiku family. Of course I respect that choice, but it feels like a knife in my heart.

The above response I first wouldn't publish here, but I just had to, because my heart is broken and the future of Carpe Diem is at stake ...

Than to respond on a few questions from our haiku family members according to the "Time"-kukai and the Renga Party. During the discussion mentioned above I had to remove a few links from the Renga and I hope to re-start the renga today. The results of the "Time" kukai are already gathered, but as you all know I always create an e-book with the submitted haiku for the kukai, but I have to look if there are any haiku submitted by the members who have asked me to remove their haiku from any e-book I have created. To remove those haiku isn't a fun experience, but it has to be done, because I respect the choice of those who are leaving Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.


a loving embrace


To conclude this CD-Extra I have changed the "header" of CDHK too.

like a family
you my dear friends I embrace -
unconditional love
shared by a bunch of haiku poets
from all over the world

© Chèvrefeuille



6 comments:

  1. weeping willow
    alone beside the stream
    cries silently
    for the human race
    in danger throughout the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the issue has been misrepresented by the complainants, whose point still evades me. The complaint has been that haiku on their blog was used on your blog, and they failed to state they had linked those haiku to your blog, nor did they admit you have already clearly stated many times that you will make ebook collections of haiku submitted to your site. The fact that legally they do not have a leg to stand on is not the worry here; the pretentious attitude, contrary to the spirit of CDHK is a shock for anyone. You have always credited everyone, and in fact I personally would be happy if those unsightly copyright signs were not even there! I have tried to understand the rationale, but I cannot. I find their intent malicious, and urge you not to let it get to you. These kind of people do not stop, Chev. I mentioned professionalism previously, because as anyone knows who has edited and published, this kind of stuff is given ''short thrift'' (no tme) by that business, and any serious ''writer'' knows that a publisher is always hammering at them to do more to publicise their work, so no, I do not find it professional in any way, and the insistence of some kind of personal begging letter everytime you use their haiku (quote them on your page also?) is not reasonable at all, unfair, and reminds me of slavery. Hold tight Chev. People are supporting you. Please understand, again, that these people do not give up. Even your beautiful messages of peace and love do not reach them, because their agenda is not a healthy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Forest Tinker. You will always get malcontents on a blog ,no matter what. Ignore them Kristjaan. More people will join your Haiku family.Let them go.You bring a lot of joy to everyone. Hang in there. I used to host a poetry site blog.I took the criticism too much to heart and shut it down. Big mistake. That is exactly what they want you to do. Don't make the same mistake I did.Keep on going. If you ever need any help please do not hesitate to call on me. You have my private email address. Chin up!: Everyone has these experiences.I support you 100%.

      Delete
    2. Hamish, Hamish. You do have a lovely knack for saying it as it is and damning the consequence. I truly wish I could meet you one fine day. Until then, keep the fire, and yes, the peace also burning.

      Chev, all my resepct. It is well.

      Delete
  3. Our hearts are heavy on a broad scale due to our world's conditions but on a "home" level too. Let's all pray to restore our unity to what it once was and even better! Hang on, Kristjaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The news from Belgium is horrific. Your haiku should be used as a worldwide call for peace.
    On the other topic, I am very sad for our group, and for the unnecessary work those few have caused you. I love this site, and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete