Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #74 music to inspire you


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's time for a new episode of our special (Wednesday) feature Tokubetsudesu. This month I bring different "old" CD features and we have had a lot of them. We even had months in which we had e.g. only Tan Renga Challenges or Haiga challenges, but we have had also months in which I tried to inspire you through the wonderful art of music.

I have searched through You Tube ®  and found a wonderful piece of music in which spring is celebrated and the love for nature, as is our deeper goal I think for our haiku.


This music-video is created by Mystical Valley. Enjoy the music and let it inspire you to write haiku, tanka or another Japanese poetry form.

celebrating the sun
with narcissus flowers in my hair -
Spring Equinox
day and night the same length
departing Winter

departing Winter
visiting my ancestors graves
paying my respects
to Mother Nature ... flowers in my hair
Vernal Equinox

© Chèvrefeuille

The above set of tanka I re-created from a cascading haiku which I once shared here at CDHK and I love to share a haibun in which I try to give words to the joy of spring starting ...



New Life

It's early in the morning of March 20, the start of Spring. I love this morning. Its every year a great day to me. Celebrating Spring ... the young green leaves start to bloom and all those blossoming trees. Birds chanting and lambs in the field. Spring ... the beginning of the light part of the year.

After the dark time of autumn and winter finally the light has come back. Today the sun is shining bright when I come out of my bed. "Yes", I think ... finally I can go out sitting in the sun. I have a nice garden with lovely trees and bushes and when it's a sunny day I go out. Love to feel the sun on my skin. "At last. Spring is there. I go out with the kids playing in the park and do some fishing in the pond. I smell the blooming flowers, narcissus, crocus, clover, the cherry and plum blossoms. Awesome! This is my time of the year.

Spring ... the season of new life, new beginnings and young animals and birds. It's also my season to write haiku. I have written a lot of Spring haiku mostly about the blossoming trees of Cherry and Plum. Today it's the first day of Spring a light breeze caresses my hair and my body. Mm ... feels great ... love that feeling.

young cherry trees -
the spring breeze caresses
the fragile blossoms

At night I see the hazy moon. Mysterious hidden behind the clouds. She, the moon, is still a bit shy on this first night of Spring, but then ... she is no longer hiding ... the clouds fall apart and then ... her lovely face ... the full moon of March. What a sight! Neo Pagans calling her "death moon", Chinese calling her "Sleepy moon" and the ancient Celtic name of her is "Moon of Winds". Isn't it great all those names for her ... the moon ... our natural satellite?

moon of winds
showing her face through the clouds
what a mysterious sight

finally Spring
green leaves open carefully -
the Death Moon




"Death Moon" strange name for the moon of March. March the month of Spring, new life sprouting, cherry blossoms bloom and then she, our lovely moon, called "Death Moon". It's for sure a strange name and I am not sure what it means, but it makes some contrast with the new life, the new beginning, the starting of the light part of year. Maybe "Death" stands for ending the dark part of the year or ... I don't really know. Spring brings joy and happiness. Spring ... that's my season.

cherry blossoms bloom
such a fragile beauty -
the Spring breeze

© Chèvrefeuille

Spring ... my season ...

This Tokubetsudesu episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 25th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, pine needles, later on. Have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Great, positive post Chev - remember Basho would have been proud...or is.

    ReplyDelete