Thursday, March 24, 2016

Carpe Diem Extra March 24th 2016 For Closure

SITTING IN SILENCE

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is time for closure and I think the "new" logo above shows you why. The used image is titled "Sitting In Silence" and that's what I have done yesterday and today. I gave my thoughts room to flow and I even considered to close Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Why? I still am very sad about the whole discussion about "publishing and copyright". I am glad that I opened up this discussion, but I didn't expect that few of our haiku family members would withdraw from this loving community of haiku poets.

As I started Carpe Diem Haiku Kai my only intention was to promote our beloved haiku and try to bring that love to the world wide web. Not only that was the purpose, but it was also the purpose to give haiku poets a stage to share and show their haiku (and other Japanese poetry forms). As I learned, from my parents and my grandparents and from my own soul that I have to respect every thing and every one on our beautiful planet that became my goal of life. Through haiku I learned to appreciate the beauty of our planet and I learned to choose the right words to speak out my deeper spiritual feelings. Through haiku I truly believe that I have become a better person, of course not perfect, but better.
Haiku became not only my kind of art, but it became a kind of life. In everything I have done, do and will do in the future haiku is the leading thread. Not only in my private life, but also in my professional life as an oncology nurse and publisher of e-books and being your host at Carpe Diem, haiku is always my leading thread. I even can say (maybe this will sound immodest) that I am haiku.

This whole week was tough and really there were several moments that I considered to stop with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This community is my life and I really see you all as family, a family of haiku poets.
In the above mentioned part "I gave my thoughts room to flow and I even considered to close CDHK" you all can read (and feel) what this whole situation has done to me. That feeling I don't want to have anymore, because I am addicted to haiku and to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. And it really hurts that I had to choose to create a "publishing policy", because I am still believing that I have always given credit to all of you as I used your haiku in posts or in the exclusive series of CDHK e-books. I always gave credit and in every e-book I have made recently I have mentioned that "all works are copyrighted and that the rights belong to the authors", in my opinion I have guaranteed everyone that his / her work is copyrighted and that the rights belong to you, my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers.

With this I will close the discussion about "publishing permission". It has been enough I think. It always had killed this haiku loving community of haiku poets from all over the globe.

Carpe Diem Haiku Kai will not be removed, or stopped. This whole discussion gives me even more energy to make CDHK a greater success as it already is. I foresee a bright future for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai and I hope you all will be part of that bright future.

unconditional love
shared with the world
green hearts beat

© Chèvrefeuille, your host

PS. I will "remove" the post about "publishing permission" after the weekend.


Chèvrefeuille, your host

No comments:

Post a Comment