Thursday, March 24, 2016

Carpe Diem Theme Week #2 Color Your Life: blue


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

In case of you have missed the latest CD-Extra "for closure", you can find that post HERE.

Welcome at this belated Theme Week episode "blue". In our 2nd CD Theme Week we are exploring the deeper meaning of the colors of the rainbow and today that's "blue". Blue is one of my favorite colors, because it fits my idea of freedom. Blue in my opinion stands for freedom, because of the color of water and the sky. To be free like a fish in the ocean or a bird in the sky that's what blue means to me.

At the start of CDHK I have done a "rainbow"-week and to make it myself a little bit easy I have chosen (again) to use that former post on "blue".

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Today it's all blue what we will write for Carpe Diem. Blue is my favorite color. I love blue clothes and therefore I wear mostly jeans. Jeans giving me a good feeling, a feeling of joy and freedom ... and they are almost commonly blue. So this prompt must be an easy one to write haiku about.




wearing blue jeans
sign of happiness and freedom -
bleached with stones
jeans almost falling apart
can't throw them away


Blue ... the color of the sky, the color of the sea, blues the music I love.




Awesome! Blues ... my kind of music ... giving me joy and the feeling of freedom.

blues night
at the pub around the corner
drinking Guinness

patches of clouds
torn apart and drifting away
ah! that blue sky

My brother was a big fan of the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) and they had a song which I listen often. It was called 'Mr. Blue Sky'. It gives me that great feeling that my brother is in heaven. He passed away several years ago died of lung cancer. I miss him every day. So I love to share that song by ELO here:



in memoriam
mister blue sky high in heaven
still missing him


I hope you enjoyed this episode on Blue and I hope that it inspired you all to write wonderful haiku. Please leave a comment after linking.

This episode of our 2nd Theme Week is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until march 26th at 7.00 PM (CET).


2 comments: