Sunday, March 20, 2016

Carpe Diem Theme Week #2 Color Your Life -- Orange


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you could have read I am still a little bit in shock after a publishing permission issue so for this second episode of our second Theme Week Color Your Life I have chosen to reproduce an earlier post on orange. My excuses for that ... it's with tears in my eyes and an aching heart that I have to choose the easy way today.

Introduction:

I have read wonderful haiku on Red and today the second color of our wonderful rainbow-week is on ... that will be orange another nice warm color. In my country (The Netherlands) we have our Royal Family of Orange, orange is a strong color in my country, but orange can also stand for a citrus fruit. Orange flowers and more orange to see around us ... what do you think of a beautiful sunset or sunrise ... well we shall see what I can do with this theme orange ... have to write at least one haiku.

Orange: 

Orange is a very strong color associated with creative energy. Nature grows through the sun (orange?) and therefore I think we will all have a slight reference towards orange as being the color of creativity. We have to cherish that energy, because we need it to create our haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry forms.

Orange combines red and yellow. It contains the fiery energy of red with the wisdom and control of yellow. Orange is a dynamic energy like red but more thoughtful and controlled.

Orange brings about: creativity; playfulness; exploration on a practical level; relief from boredom and equilibrium.



orange chrysanthemums
in full bloom standing proudly
waving in the wind

© Chèvrefeuille

My response:

I have to admit that I never have had seen a orange house, but as I was surfing the WWW I ran into a wonderful picture of a orange house somewhere in Bogota. And I had to write a haiku going along with it.

all day sunrise
what a joy to live in
my orange house

© Chèvrefeuille

And I just had to include a troiku based on “all day sunrise”:

all day sunrise
what a joy to live in
my orange house

all day sunrise
Mother Nature is confused
the longest day

what a joy to live in
a world full of fantasy
patches of clouds

my orange house
save harbor for my children
‘till when will it last?

© Chèvrefeuille



Of course I couldn’t close this episode of our Theme Week without creating a new haiku inspired on “orange”:


after the storm
drinking tea on the porch
royal sunset


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this Theme Week episode.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 22nd 7:00 PM (CET). !!! Beware of the shorter time you have to respond !!!


1 comment: