Monday, March 21, 2016

Carpe Diem Theme Week #2 Color Your Life: Yellow


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are busy with our second Theme Week here at Carpe Diem and I really love to make this Theme Week, because it makes me somewhat sentimental. Why? Well at the start of CDHK (than called Carpe Diem) I had a "Rainbow"-week too and I have warm memories to that week so that's why it makes me somewhat sentimental.
As I see were I started in 2012 and see now what we have become ... than I am a proud host and a blessed haiku poet.

Introduction:


Today I will look at the color yellow and there are a few meanings which came immediately in my mind. Yellow, is the color of new life, Easter, but also the color of hate and it also means friendship. So these meanings are all very strong, but let us look at the other deeper meaning of this color.

Here is already a haiku from my archive. This one was first published as a "one-line" haiku, but I re-worked it to the three line form.

on the banks of the stream
as far as I can see
a yellow sea of ​​flowers
© Chèvrefeuille




Color Your Life: Yellow


Yellow is the brightest color the human eye can see. It means youth, as we can see in the variety of yellow flowers in spring. It gives you a feeling of joy and happiness. Yellow has to do with learning too, it resonates with the left (logical) side of the brain, therefore you can say that yellow is a male color. Yellow can give a boost to your creativity.

But ... yellow has also a different side as I wrote above it's the color of hate. Here are a few other ideas about the meaning of yellow:

The color yellow puts emotions aside, and thoughts comes from the head rather than from the heart. Yellow color meaning shows that it relies mostly on itself and prefers not to get emotionally involved. It relates to our ego, our self-confidence, how we see ourselves and how others see us.
If you are undergoing major changes in your life, you may find that you will not tolerate the color yellow very well – this will usually pass. It just means that you currently find it difficult to cope with all the new things in your life, and that yellow vibrates too fast for you, making you stressed. Add a little green or a soft orange color in your life for some time to restore your energy balance. It is worth mentioning that many older people do not respond well to large amounts of yellow, because the color vibrates too fast for them. (Source: color meanings)

My response:

Yellow ... not really a color I would wear or use in my home, but of course I enjoy the yellow flowers of spring and yellow light of the sun. Here is another haiku from my archives.




amazing sight
a yellow sea as far as I can see
Safflower field

© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 23rd 10.00 PM (CET). Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment