Sunday, May 22, 2016

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month May 22nd: "on a windless day" by Cheryl Lynn (a.k.a. Tournesol)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

My excuses (again) for being this late with publishing our new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge Month. I am in the nightshift, so time is a bit different.

Yesterday we had a "hokku" by Hando, a classical haiku poet, and today I have a nice "hokku" by one of our own CDHK family members. Today I have chosen a "hokku" by Tournesol. Tournesol is the penname of Cheryl Lynn, a very gifted haiku poetess. Tournesol is a long time member of our Kai and she has really gorgeous haiku written.

Here is our "hokku" for today:

on a windless day
six circles take shape
a pebble skips


© Tournesol

six circles take shape

This "hokku" brought nice memories ... As a little child I liked throwing pebbles in the water and I remember that my dad learned me to let those flat pebbles bounce on water ... yeah sweet memories.

on a windless day
sic circles take shape
a pebble skips                              (Tournesol)

sweet memories rise up
smiles and tears in battle              (Chèvrefeuille)

A nice response I would say, but that's not up to me to say.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 27th at noon (CET). Our new "hokku" you can find already on our Twitter account.

3 comments:

  1. on a windless day
    six circles take shape
    a pebble skips Tournesol

    the swish and swirl of pond water
    suddenly sun fish Joyce Lorenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intersetion
    https://rivrvlogr.wordpress.com/2016/05/22/intersection-tan-renga/

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://rajkumarmilan.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/a-stupa/

    a stupa
    Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month May 22nd: “on a windless day” by Cheryl Lynn (a.k.a. Tournesol)

    on a windless day
    six circles take shape
    a pebble skips (Tournesol)

    sweet memories rise up
    smiles and tears in battle (Chèvrefeuille)

    I always admire Cheryl’s works ! She is an admirable poetess . having known each other for a long time , I could imagine her thoughts when I see this haiku / hokku .
    now , here is my attempt to heighten Cheryl’s hokku :

    on a windless day
    six circles take shape
    a pebble skips (Tournesol)

    a few balancing stones
    admire the skipping one
    (milan)



    photo ( my pic )

    for,
    chevrefeuillescarpediem.blogspot.in/2016/05/carpe-diem-tan-renga-challenge-month_22.html

    ReplyDelete