Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Carpe Diem #1427 Huanca


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a belated episode of our wonderful Kai. We are on a journey into the high mountains of the Andes and today I love to tell you a little bit about the rich history of this region. Maybe you know the Inca, but have you heard about the Huanca people? I can say ... I had never heard of the Huanca, so to me this is a wonderful lesson.

The Huanca are a Quechua people living in the Junín Region of central Peru, in and around the Mantaro Valley. At around 500 BC, they were incorporated into the Wari Empire. Despite efforts to defend its independence, the Huancas were eventually subdued by the Inca leader Pachacutec in 1460 and the region was incorporated into the Inca empire. It subsequently became a notable stopping point along the Inca Camino Real (one of the main roads of the Inca empire).

Alpaca blessing ceremony by a Huanca Shaman
Isn't it a wonderful kind of people? Worth to explore further, so that's what I am going to do, but not today ... maybe tomorrow.

new life's promise
spit drips from my face
Alpaca blessing

© Chèvrefeuille

Just a little bit of humor ...

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 15th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on, and I hope to be on time.


1 comment:

  1. Great haiku, with "realism" and a hidden fondness for nature.

    ReplyDelete