Saturday, July 11, 2015

Carpe Diem #774 Funsui (Fountain)


Dear Haijin, visitos and travelers,

From a overwhelming hot Netherlands, (almost 35 degrees), I present to you an all new episode of our daily haiku meme. As you all know we are discovering classical Japanese kigo for summer and our classical kigo for today is funsui (fountain).

I remember an episode of Haiku Heights which I wrote in September 2012 ... the theme was "paper boats" and I wrote a cascading haiku about it. I love to share that haiku again here.

This cascading haiku brings sweet memories. I learned about haiku through a colleague of mine when I was learning for being a teacher. She was an origami artist and she brought me the Japanese haiku. Since that day I am a haiku addict and I write haiku right from my heart. 

fountain of joy
children playing with paper boats
one sunny day

one sunny day
I folded paper boats with my grandsons
ah! what a joy

ah! what a joy
to see the paper boats sailing
to the horizon

to the horizon
paper boats sailing away
children's laughter

children's laughter
when their paper boats sail
fountain of joy


© Chèvrefeuille
 


Well ... I think this is enough inspiration for now. So have fun!

By the way the voting for our 2nd kukai "summertime" has closed and I am busy with gathering the points to find the winner. The winner of the kukai wins the opportunity to create his/her own e-book and will be our featured haiku poet for August 2015. The runner-up gets his/her own Tokubetsudesu episode ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 14th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, amido (screen door, window screen), later on.

1 comment:

  1. Ah memories...in many ways tours is a thankless task as our taskmaster,and the simple truth is not one of us, or one peron could do this, or have done it so long. Yes, your passion is clear, and your way of motivating, but there needs to be more than that to do what you do. Maybe the spirit of Basho really is clearing the path in front of you....

    ReplyDelete