Friday, July 17, 2015

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #94 Lee Gurga's "a perfect spider web"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to give you an all new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge in which I challenge you to write a second stanza towards a given haiku. For this week’s Tan Renga Challenge I have chosen a modern haiku poet. I wasn’t familiar with his haiku, but after surfing the WWW I found really wonderful haiku written by Lee Gurga ... I couldn’t retrieve an email address so I couldn’t ask his permission to use his haiku. I hope he will not feel offended.

I will tell you something more after this haiku written by him, which touched me ... (by the way, the following haiku is not the TRC verse):

frozen branches
measure the emptiness—
winter sunset

© Lee Gurga

Lee Gurga

Lee Gurga (born July 28, 1949 in Chicago, Illinois) is an award-winning American haiku poet. In 1997 he served as president of the Haiku Society of America. He was the editor of Modern Haiku magazine from 2002 to 2006, and is the current editor of the Modern Haiku Press. Gurga lives in Lincoln, Illinois, where he works as a dentist. Also involved in the translation of Japanese haiku into English, Gurga cites Matsuo Bashō, a Japanese poet from the Edo period, as one of his main appreciations.

Here is our haiku for this week's TRC:


after my walk:
a perfect spiderweb
stuck to my glasses


© Lee Gurga


Haiga Deep Silence by Chèvrefeuille
I will try to complete this beautiful haiku by Lee Gurga to a beautiful Tan Renga ... I hope I will succeed.

after my walk:
a perfect spiderweb
stuck to my glasses
               (Lee Gurga)

she crawls into my hair
I let her have her way
            (Chèvrefeuille)

Hm ... I don't know ... in a way I like this completion, but ....?

Well ... it's now up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers, to complete this Tan Renga by putting the second (two lined, approximately 7-7 syllables a line) stanza towards it. Have fun!

This Tan Renga Challenge will be open for your submissions at noon (CET) and will remain open until next Friday July 24th at noon (CET).

 

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this prompt, Chevrefeuille -- and your completion - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your addition to make the renga is adorable (((smiles)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your addition it does offer co,platoon but it flirty as well, lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete