Thursday, July 16, 2015

Carpe Diem Extra #24 - Changes and the results of our second kukai "summertime"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy to read all of your responses on my question about changing the name of our Haiku Kai. It makes me happy and gives me a warm feeling. We are really a family of haiku poets and however I am your host we are making CDHK together. It's great to hear that you all appreciate that I feel that you all are evolved in CDHK.
I have decided to change a few things, after reading all of your opinions. I will not change the name of our Haiku Kai, but I have changed the description of our Haiku Kai as you already have seen (read) I think.
With the change of the description of our Haiku Kai I also have decided to close Tanka Shrine and bring it to our Kai, you can find a new page above in the menu "Carpe Diem Tanka Shrine". It's my goal to make a few more pages about e.g. choka and kikobun, because Japanese poetry has a very broad range of different forms. I am trying to create those pages this week, but I am in the nightshift so I cannot guarantee that.
I hope you all appreciate the little changes which I already have made.



Results of our second Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Kukai "summertime".

In this second kukai there were 37 haiku submitted (including two by myself). All wonderfully composed and with great touch of "summertime" in it. The judging was a little bit delayed and that delay was a lucky one, because I had an ex aequo, so the delayed votes broke that tied results.
I haven't given points by the way because I knew the names of the haiku poets who did submit haiku for this kukai, and in my opinion it was only fair to not vote.

Here are the results:


Haiku 36 > 12 points

horizon on fire
after a hot summer day
thunder and lightning
 


© Chèvrefeuille, your host


Haiku 4 > 10 points

gathering seashells
the sound of summer jingles
inside my pockets


© Lolly


Haiku 20 > 8 points

warming in my palm –
a summer plum
plucked by the storm


© Jen (a.k.a. Paloma)


Haiku 21 and 31 > 7 points
Haiku 13 > 6 points
Haiku 32 > 4 points
Haiku 6, 9, 17, 19, 23 and 24 > 3 points
Haiku 5, 7, 12, 14 and 30 > 2 points
Haiku 3 and 15 > 1 point
All they other haiku stayed without points

It's a bit strange to write this, because Haiku 36 I wrote myself, so that means that I am the winner of this second kukai "summertime". Of course it's a joy to be the winner, but I will not grant myself with the prize for the first place.
I have decided to let our runner up, Haiku 4, by Lolly of "Look for a lovely thing" create the E-book and she will be our featured haiku poet for August. By making that choice I also grant our third place, Haiku 20, By Jen of "Blog It or Lose It", the opportunity to be the "topic" of the first Tokubetsudesu episode of August.

As you all know I already have started the third CDHK kukai "juxtaposition" and I have already a few entries for that kukai. If you would like to participate in our third kukai than please send your entries to:


carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com

Write "kukai juxtaposition" in the subject line.

Well ... I hope you all are well and healthy ...

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both Lolly and Jen and of course to Chèvrefeuille for your all around success and great haiku! :-) Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you Chèvrefeuille, Lolly & Jen. I love this contest! ! I am just learning so much. Onward to #3.
    Chèvrefeuille, you are a gracious host. I don't know how you do it, I struggle to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three haiku are breathtaking, and congratulations to all three winners! I do agree with Jazzy Tower: You are a most gracious host, Chèvrefeuille. What would we do without you? Write on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a joy! Congratulations to Chevrefeuille and Jen.how exciting. Thank you everyone for voting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Lolly and Jen ! These competitions are such fun. Thank you Chevrefeuille !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, yet no surprise in all three places! Well done again for this superb contest, and these three haiku do particularly stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the congratulations and all those other wonderful words sprinkled on me. You all make me blush, but also humble and proud. Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is not only my weblog it is our weblog. Without you all, my dear haiku family members, I couldn't make Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. I think that we are a warmhearted fellowship of haiku loving poets and that makes Carpe Diem Haiku Kai what it is today ... a wonderful place on the Internet to write and share haiku, tanka and all other Japanese poetry forms.
    Thank you all for your friendship, love and companionship ... I bow my head to all of you ... in admiration for all of your wonderful poems shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you write inspiring haiku Kristjaan - thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Chèvrefeuille and Lolly! And - I'm quite honored.
    Thank you again, Chèvrefeuille, for everything you give to Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all the winners. very well deserved. Our dear host, your graciousness is so beautiful. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to all the winners! I loved reading them all... <3
    I feel so connected with CDHK…Thank You Chèvrefeuille for giving all of us hope & a wonderful gift- deeper connection with ourselves…through Haiku practice…Take Care! :-)

    ReplyDelete