Thursday, July 9, 2015

Carpe Diem Utabukuro #4 tears falling



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Last Saturday I hadn't enough time during several circumstances, to create a new CD Utabukuro episode in which I ask you to share a favorite haiku by yourself or by another haiku poet. You have to tell why you have chosen that haiku and to share an all new haiku inspired on your favorite haiku.

The following haiku I wrote in remembrance of my older brother who died almost 20 years ago of lungcancer. I am still missing him, because we were always together and we loved each other dearly. I remember the day he died as if it was yesterday. It was on a Sunday (September 3rd 1995) morning. As we hurried to the hospital I saw a woman in travail. Later that day I heard that she had given birth to a boy ... I immediately thought "my brother has moved on and is reborn in that little boy born at the same moment".

tears falling
on silk pillows
life has gone

life has gone
leaving me powerless
such sadness

such sadness
on this grave of my brother
tears falling

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Old grave-stone between field flowers

Back in 1995 I was so glad that I had my haiku to write down all my feelings and sorrow. Haiku is the poetry of nature and death is part of nature too. Haiku can be soothing in times of sorrow and sadness ... so write/compose your haiku straight from your heart.

on his grave
a vase full of colorful flowers
to honor him

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Wow ... ! This is a nice haiku, full of feelings ... not a strong one maybe, but it says all that what I am still feeling twenty years after the death of my brother.

This Utabukuro episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until Saturday July 18th at noon (CET). Share your haiku inspired on your favorite haiku ... have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Extremely powerful Chèvrefeuille. Those who make such a fuss about the little rhings should remember the big things someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouf, such a touching post, Kristjaan. I do believe your brother lives on as well. When I came back from hospital my father was dying and my daughter announced she was pregnant, I knew she was carrying a boy...and she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very moving post, Chèvrefeuille. The feeling of loss and pining for your brother is so palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your brother's watching over you, Chèvrefeuille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching story and beautiful tribute to your brother.

    ReplyDelete