Friday, July 24, 2015

Carpe Diem #782 Suzuran (Lilly of the Valley)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First of all ... thank you all for your love and prayers for my dad and my family. My dad is recovering from his heart attack and we hope he can be home after the weekend.
Than this ... I haven't had time to create a Tan Renga Challenge and a new episode of "On The Trail With Basho Encore". Next week I hope to do them again.
Than I have another announcement to make. As you maybe know I am also a co-host at MindLoveMisery's Menagerie (MLMM) where I hosted the Fairy Tale prompt. Yes you read it right "hosted". Because of changes in the hosting team of MLMM I will be the host for their haiku feature starting July 29th.
Than another announcement ... as I told you all earlier there will be a new version of ous CDHK e-book "On The Trail With Basho" ... well that new version is NOW Available at the left side of our Haiku Kai.
Suzuran (Lilly of the Valley)

Back to our episode of today. We are exploring classical kigo (seasonwords) for summer and today our prompt is Suzuran or Lilly of the Valley. I have spend a lot of time to find haiku with this classical kigo suzuran, but couldn't find one. So I took another path. Lilly of the Valleys is a kind of orchid, so I have a few haiku by Issa for your inspiration:

kaza shimo no ran ni tsuki sasu ka yari kana

downwind, an orchid
in moonlight...
smudge pot smoke

ran no ka ya ikoku no yô ni mika no tsuki

scent of orchids--
like a foreign country
the sickle moon


© Kobayashi Issa

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 27th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, our last CD Special by Adjei Agyei Baah, later on. Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear all is well at home ... and that we've another great e-book to read! Will be looking forward to your prompts on MLMM! Bastet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really look forward to every day at CDHK. We must all help it expand even more. I just hope they are not going to overuse you at MindLoveMiseries, that site does not seem to be as popular as this site of yours. I think you are a very good comodity to have, dear Chevrefeuille! They gain a VERY lot having you. I hope your CDHK project does not lose you at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Tinker ... Carpe Diem Haiku Kai will stay my core business

      Delete