Sunday, July 26, 2015

Carpe Diem #783 Tentoumushi (Lady bug)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have another nice classical summer kigo for you all. Today our kigo is Tentoumushi or Lady bug. Lady bugs are little wonders and in summer you can see them often. My grandchildren love to catch them and play with them.
My roses are always welcoming these little Lady bugs especially when they are suffering of aphids (plant lice), because those little ones are milking them lice. It's for sure a nice little insect and of course very colorful, as is e.g. our haiku family (smiles).
Lady bugs can refer to love and to good luck. I have tried this time to write a haiku with a kind of sensuality in it. The next haiku is a revised version of a tanka which I composed. Tanka however isn't really my kind of poetry. I don't know several of you, including Jane Reichhold, told me that I just have to try tanka, because of my warmhearted and loving character ... Jane even said "you have it in you to become a great tanka poet".
Tanka and emotions are almost synonymous with each other they say, so it could be my kind of poetry ... I have tried it several times, but ... I don't know ... tanka doesn't fit me at all. The ones I composed weren't strong, at least not as strong as my haiku.

A Hand Full of Lady Bugs
This following haiku I wrote a while ago and it is published on my personal WP weblog:

arm full of lady bugs
my grandson, one with nature,
enjoys his childhood

© Chèvrefeuille

And here is the new haiku which I promised you above in which I have tried to bring some sensuality into:

white almond flesh
ladybug climbs the mountains
blanc breasts move


© Chèvrefeuille

Well .... what do you think? It's a nice haiku full of sensuality I think ...

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 29th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, hirune (nap), later on.

1 comment:

  1. Yes -- very sensual haiku, Chevrefeuille!
    And I agree with Jane :)

    ReplyDelete