Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #154 Afriku, haiku from Africa, an idea of Adjei Agyei Baah. "Stones"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We haven't yet a new winner of our "summertime" kukai, so I have another wonderful haiku poet from Ghana, Africa, for you this month as our featured haiku poet. His name is Adjei Agyei Baah and he is the co-founder of the Poetry Foundation Ghana. He has "invented" the (as he calls it) Afriku, the haiku from Africa.
Yesterday Adjei emailed me to ask me if I would publish his haiku (afriku) at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Of course I was immediately enthusiastic and we had a little chat. It's a great honor that I may use his haiku for Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

Here are his "stones"-haiku/afriku which he would like to share here at CDHK:

shoreline pebbles...
a reminder of how far
we have come

preparing
daddy's delicacy-
taking stones out of gizzard
 
stone temple
leftover boulders
add to reverence
 
© Adjei Agyei-Baah, Kumasi, Ghana




I think Adjei is a very gifted haiku poet. This month I will tell you all more about him in our CD-Specials.

To read more about his afriku please visit the website of the Poetry Foundation Ghana. (By clicking HERE you can read his article about afriku)

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 4th at noon (CET). I am looking forward to your haiku inspired on the above haiku/afriku by Adjei.

7 comments:

  1. Good prompt, but what happened to "full moon"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oepss ... you're right Mark, I was very enthusiastic about this African haiku poet that I forgot our prompt-list. I will make a second CD-Special themed "full moon

      Delete
    2. Mark, What are you complaining about! You wrote a great haiku! I put this comment here because you actually censored it from your blog.

      Delete
  2. I think this replaces full moon wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introducing us to Adjei Agyei-Baah and the Afriku. I enjoyed this very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristjaan for this honour done my fellow country man. Adjei Agyei Baah is simply amazing and I am glad you have featured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for introducing this new poet, Kristjaan!
    Mine is up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/types-of-stones/

    ReplyDelete