Friday, October 19, 2012

Carpe Diem, #20 rough sea

Shalom,

A new day rises and with the rise of the sun there is a new Carpe Diem. Today the prompt is rough sea a lovely prompt I would say.

When I was preparing this episode for Carpe Diem a haiku by Basho came in mind.

the rough sea
flowing toward Sado Isle (*)
the River of Heaven

(*) When direct control from mainland Japan started around the 8th century, the island's remoteness meant that it soon became a place of banishment for difficult or inconvinient Japanese figures. Exile was a very serious punishment, second only to the death penalty, and people weren't expected to return. (Source: wikipedia)

Sado, seen from the sea
This haiku was included in 'Oku No Hosomichi' or 'The Road to the Deep North', a haibun written by Basho. Here is my haiku for rough sea for your inspiration.

dark clouds drifting
waves become higher
a rough sea


Rough Sea

This prompt will stay on 'till October 21th 11.59 AM (CET) and the new episode of Carpe Diem I will publish today around 10.00 PM (CET). That will be nightingale.
Be inspired, be happy, have fun ... write and share your haiku with Carpe Diem.

 

2 comments:

  1. The sea growing up, the sky coming down, perfect description of the situation, Kristjaan. I like dark clouds drifting.
    Tonight I am lazy: only three haiku...
    Enjoy the weekend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done Kristjaan. I love the pictures you painted with your haiku...I like dark clouds drifting too...very nice...hugs shakira

    ReplyDelete