Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Carpe Diem #86, Honeysuckle



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Well ... we are on our way in 2013. I have enjoyed the last three months very well and I am glad to see that our contributors group is growing. Our last December month wasn't easy I think, because of the use of the classical kigo, but it was a joy. So I will use classical kigo for Spring in March, the first month of Spring and also for Summer and Autumn later on this year.

Today our prompt is Honeysuckle a bit vainglorious I think, because it's the English translation of my 'nom de plume' Chèvrefeuille. I think that the most of you know that Chèvrefeuille is not my real name. I have chosen that name because I like the Honeysuckle and her perfume ... and it's an old classical custom to take on a 'nom de plume' as a haiku poet.


Honeysuckle

I hope to read wonderful haiku on this prompt and I will enjoy reading them all, but ... during lack of time I will catch up later with commenting, not only on this one, but also on the other Carpe Diem episodes.

her sweet perfume
tingles my senses
Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle
spiritual way to my Inner Self
what an adventure

The spiritual meaning of Honeysuckle is 'the way to the Inner Self'.

When I took this 'nom de plume' I was looking for myself. I was in a depression and had completely lost my touch with Earth. I sought my way in the occult and that wasn't a good choice. I became ill and couldn't work at all. I even had suicidal thoughts. With the love of all my friends and family I became well again and right on that time the Honeysuckle in my backyard started to bloom. Her perfume and fragile blossoms brought back my love for nature and brought me back to Earth. It wasn't a time which I am proud of and I am surely want look back again from now on.

caught by her love
her sweet perfume and blossoms
Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle
brought me back to Earth
finally home again

Credits: Honeysuckle

This prompt will stay on 'till January 4th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will publish our new prompt 'yesterday' later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).

Have fun, enjoy the read, be inspired and creative. Share your creativity with us ... and please leave a comment after linking.

PS.: Do you have suggestions for prompts? Share them with us on the 'prompt suggestion' page.


7 comments:

  1. I did not know that Chevrefeuille meant honeysuckle. Interesting. It's a lovely flower and has wonderful healing qualities for you. Hummingbirds love it too. It's invasive in my area so my 'ku wasn't so lovely today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have chosen a lovely "nom de plume" indeed.
    A honeysuckle blooming in your garden when you finally found your way was a good sign.
    Thanks for the beautiful pics, the prompt and your touching haiku based on a personal experience.
    Happy New Year!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, Kristjaan, can you get rid of my first two useless links? I don't know what happened... so sorry :(
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely name for your 'nom de plume' and that they thrived in your garden on your recovery :)
    http://planetcyberluz.com/2013/01/03/lonicera/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very touching - nice haiku and touching explanations...thank you very much..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!
    What an exuberant start writing haiku!
    Congratulations, Kristjaan!
    PS. I should try to write with less exclamation marks! (Done it again!) :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature's gifts to us -- restoration and balance. You are so gifted, and gift so many ... trust you are feeling loved and continue with self-compassion and nurturing!

    ReplyDelete