- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Friday, March 27, 2015
Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #78, Shoha's "out from the grass"
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
Last week we hadn't a Tan Renga Challenge, but this week of course we will have a new Tan Renga Challenge. This week I have chosen a haiku by one of the classical haiku masters/ -poets. I hope this haiku by Shoha (1727-1772) will be the source of inspiration for this TRC episode.
In the TRC the goal is to complete the Tan Renga by putting a second (two lined) stanza towards the first stanza through association ...
at the wagon's approach,
out from the grass
flies the butterfly
© Shoha (Tr. R.H.Blyth)
A lot of images to associate on I think. So have fun ....
This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday April 3rd at noon (CET).