- Celebrating Five Years Carpe Diem Haiku Kai - October 2017
- Carpe Diem Center of the Universe
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Prompt Suggestions
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Carpe Diem Time Glass #23, Bamboo
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
It's Sunday again and that means ... time for another time challenging Tima Glass episode in which I challenge you all to write a haiku (or tanka) inspired on a given prompt and image within 24 hours.
This week, because of our Haiga Festival, I have chosen to challenge you with the following prompt "BAMBOO" and with a haiga which I have made a while ago (December 2013). By the way the haiku used in this haiga is far older than the haiga ... the haiku is a translation of a (Dutch) haiku which I wrote somewhere in the nineties..
So .... this Time Glass episode has the prompt BAMBOO and you have to/may use the haiga for your inspiration.
Share your inspired haiku (or tanka, or haiga) within 24 hours with us all here at our Haiku Kai. This Time Glass episode starts tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will end on Monday March 2nd at 7.00 PM (CET). So you have just 24 hours to respond. Not an easy task, but it can train you in catching the moment, the impression, as long as a heartbeat.