Friday, October 2, 2015

Carpe Diem Haiku Experiment #1 an introduction

© shutterstock-content "liquids"

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What the h... is this? I can almost hear you say or think that, just joking (smiles). I love to introduce an all new feature to make Carpe Diem Haiku Kai even more a Haiku loving family. Let me tell you what this new feature "Carpe Diem Haiku Experiment" means and what I hope to realize here.

A while ago, don't ask me were I read it, I read about a classic custom in ancient Japan (and maybe elsewhere on the planet). I think I read it in one of the books written by Jane Reichhold, but that I don't know for sure. That classic custom was the following:

A haiku poets writes a haiku for, say ..., a close friend. He sends that haiku (or gives it in person) to that close friend, the recipient, and than the custom was to respond on that haiku with a, by the recipient written, poetry answer. For example:

haiku poet:

a lonely flower
my companion
for one night


recipient's response:

not alone
tonight the moon is bright





It's in a way a Tan Renga like custom, but I would like to challenge you in this experiment to write a poetical response on the haiku (only haiku) by writing a two lined response (than you "complete" a Tan Renga) or with a three lined response (a haiku associated on images in the "send" haiku).

Let us just give it a try. The goal of this new feature is to respond on the haiku given here with a two- or three lined stanza. Than write an all new haiku yourself to let your visitors do the same, writing a response on your haiku.

Here is the haiku which I love to share here for this first time Carpe Diem Haiku Experiment:

light of the full moon
shines through colored leaves
at last ... autumn


© Chèvrefeuille

I hope this new feature makes us even more a haiku loving family by responding with a poetical response on the haiku written and shared here and on all of your wonderful weblogs.

This Carpe Diem Haiku Experiment is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open for two weeks (October 16th at noon (CET)). It's just for fun ...

5 comments:

  1. Don't quite fathom the interchange. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this interactive challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature's bunting
    alleviating sadness from
    farewell to summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge, Chevrefeuille! I hope I followed the rules correctly. (Brain's a bit befuddled these days.) BUT -- so much fun -- and it really nurtures that sense of family / community. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a daylight photo that looks somewhat like a shot of the full moon thru colored leaves, so I illustrated Chèvrefeuille's beautiful evocation of autumn in my submission to this challenge.

    ReplyDelete