Thursday, October 8, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #172 Michael Dylan Welch's 2nd Tulip festival


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

How do you like this anniversary month until now? I am really excited about all the wonderful prompts I have chosen, but more than those prompts I am grateful that I may use haiku written by wonderful well known haiku poets.

Today's CD Special is another beautiful haiku by Michael Dylan Welch and it triggered me because of the first line "tulip festival", a pure Dutch (cliche) image and that's the reason why I choose this haiku for the second special by Michael Dylan Welch.


I have written a lot of haiku myself about tulips, so before I publish the haiku by Michael Dylan Welch I love to share a few haiku by myself:

First an acrostic haiku in which I have brought two world together by using the acrostichon "poetry" and the liaison "east" (more on this form HERE):

Perfect way
Of writing haiku
Eastern thoughts
a
s
T
ulip bulbs
Redder than red
Year by year
© Chèvrefeuille

And another haiku, not an acrostic one, but just a haiku:

white blanket
spotted with colors
tulips bloom


© Chèvrefeuille
I wrote the above haiku impromptu, I had read several haiku on tulips and was anxious to share a new one, so this haiku was the result.
Credits: Tulip Festival

Ok ... back to our CD Special a haiku by Michael Dylan Welch about, as I told you already, tulips. His haiku triggered me to share the above haiku and here is the haiku by Michael:

tulip festival—
we talk about everything
except the flowers


© Michael Dylan Welch


What a lovely haiku ... I can see the image in front of me and how strong the scene is. How sad to talk about tulips without seeing their beauty, but I can emphatize with that. As I look at myself I love to talk and sometimes while talking I am losing contact with my surroundings and yes ... than I don't see the tulips or cherry blossoms. I think that's human ...

The goal of the CD-Specials is to write/compose an all new haiku inspired on the given haiku by our featured haiku poet and trying to stay close to the emotion, sphere and spirit of the haiku given. Here is my haiku, an oldie from my archives:

on wooden shoes
the farmer plows his fields
a sea of tulips


© Chèvrefeuille
To conclude this CD Special I have another haiku from my archives:

reach for the sun -
tulips burst through the earth
colorful rainbow
© Chèvrefeuille

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 11th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Cherry Blossom viewing, later on. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment