Thursday, September 27, 2018

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge September 2018 Chained Together III (21) lend me your arms


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the last regular episode in our Tan Renga Challenge Month. I ran through my archives to find a nice haiku to end this month with, but couldn't find the right one. So I have done some research to find haiku from the western world and I ran into a haiku by a fellow dutchman, Hendrik Doeff (1764-1837) who was the Dutch commissioner in the Dejima trading post in Nagasaki, during the first years of the 19th century. (source: wikipedia)

The haiku to close this TRC month with is the earliest known haiku written by a non-Japanese haiku poet and Hendrik Doeff has written that haiku. This makes me proud, because a fellow dutchman has written that haiku ... how awesome that is ...

Hendrik Doeff
Here is the haiku to work with and turn into a Tan Renga by adding your second (two-lined) stanza of approximately 14 syllabes:

inazuma no kaina wo karan kusamakura 

lend me your arms,
fast as thunderbolts,
for a pillow on my journey.

© Hendrik Doeff

I hope you will be inspired to add your stanza to this haiku to make the Tan Renga complete. Have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 4th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our last weekend meditation of this month later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment