Sunday, September 9, 2018

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge September 2018 Chained Together III (6) An Apple, Alone



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy this month already is. I have read wonderful continuations and it seems that you all like this TRC-month. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. I had for sure a good weekend, but a busy one, because I had to work (all evening shifts), but ... well I am an oncology nurse so to me every shift has its challenges, like we have our TRC's this month (smiles).

Today I have a wonderful haiku for you written by the French haiku-poet Patrick Blanche. I think it's a nice haiku to create a Tan Renga with.

Red Apples In A Basket
Here is the haiku by Patrick Blanche, first I will give you the French version:

Une pomme, seul
dans le verger abandonné
rougissent pour l'hiver

Patrick Blanche

But of course I cannot ask you to create a Tan Renga from a French haiku, so here is the translation by Michael R. Burch:


One apple, alone
in the abandoned orchard reddens for winter
Patrick Blanche (Tr. Michael R. Burch)

A wonderful haiku to work with I would say. So have fun!

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 16th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment