Friday, February 15, 2019

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #72 Introducing a new feature: Poetry Archive (1)


!! Open for your submissions next Sunday 17th at 7:00 PM (CET) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's weekend again and that means time for a new weekend meditation. I have given it a thought and I decided to create a new feature for you all. No themes or prompts ... just your own free will, your own free choice for your poetry.

This new feature I have titled "Poetry Archive" and I think you all know what this new feature is about? Yes ... that's correct ... I invite you to dive into your poetry archive and share haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form that mean a lot to you. Please share with us why you did made the choice and try to create a new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form inspired on the poem you have chosen.

Poetry Archive (credits for this image I have used)
In our daily episodes I use often haiku (sometimes tanka) taken from my archive just because I love them and I don't have enough inspiration to create new ones. So I think you all will have sometimes a period of less inspiration ... and maybe you even have shared poetry from your archive.

For this new feature "Poetry Archive" I challenge you to pick a haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form from your "Poetry Archive" and share it, together with the background on your choice, with us all and create a new one inspired on your own.

Of course I have chosen a haiku from my archive. It's a haiku that I love very much and I think you will know it too.

Here is my choice from my archive:

This one I wrote several years ago and I used it a few times here at our wonderful Kai. It was inspired on one of the haiku by Matsuo Basho, my sensei. With this haiku I gave tribute to him, honoring him as my sensei. So this haiku is very dear to me.

ancient warriors ghosts
mists over the foreign highlands -
waiting for the full moon

© Chèvrefeuille

Ancient Warrior's Ghost (image found on Pinterest)
And here is a new haiku inspired on this haiku from my archive:

entering the dreamworld
I find myself on an ancient battlefield
red poppies bloom


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I think you will need the weekend as much as I do, and I hope you all will have a wonderful weekend.

This weekend meditation "Poetry Archive" is open for your submissions next Sunday February 17th at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 24th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new regular episode later on. For now .... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment