Friday, February 1, 2019

Carpe Diem Weekend Meditation #70 The Quest For A New Masterpiece continues ... sunflower


!! Open for your submissions next Sunday February 3rd at 7:00 PM (CET) !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new weekend meditation ... that feature that gives me the opportunity to take a few days of. I love this feature and it's every weekend a new challenge to come up with a new feature episode. This weekend meditation I have chosen to challenge you (again) with an episode of our "Quest For A New Masterpiece".




What makes a haiku (or tanka) a masterpiece? Well ... I will give it a try to tell you what a haiku (or tanka) makes a masterpiece in my opinion:

First: It has to describe a moment that got your attention.
Second: You have to use the right words. Words that describe the moment in its true way.
Third: Maybe ... use the classical way of creating haiku (or tanka) (as mentioned in CDHK Lecture One above in the menu).
Fourth: It has been written right from the heart or soul not the mind.
Fifth: It's (maybe) in the sense and tone of the classical haiku (tanka) poets.
Sixth: It has to be ... how shall I say it ... be your child, your creation ... in a masterpiece we can read, between the lines, the poet who created it.

I think you all can name several masterpieces of the classic haiku poets, but also of modern haiku poets.

Sunflower Fields Tuscany Italy

For this weekend meditation I love tochallenge you to create a (new) masterpiece themed "sunflowers". I will give you an example:

on the piazza
drinking wine with my love
sunflower field in front

© Chèvrefeuille (2016)

This weekend meditation is open for your submissions next Sunday February 3rd at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 11th at noon (CET). Have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment