Sunday, February 8, 2015

Carpe Diem #664, Tranquility


!! I publish this episode earlier, because I am in the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our first CD-week of February is over and I think I have made a great choice to have impressionism as the leading theme this month. I have read wonderful haiku (and tanka and haibun) in which you all do honor to impressionism. Really great ...
Today we are going on with this wonderful impressionistic prompts and today that's Tranquility and it's based on a painting by Louis Oscar Griffith - Tranquil Afternoon

Tranquil Afternoon - Louis Oscar Griffith

This serene scene is gorgeous I can sense the tranquility of the afternoon; after a day of work, relaxing in the garden, only the birds keeping me company, the rustling of leaves, the warm sultry air of a late summer afternoon. The perfume of nature, lavender or something ... the scent of the earth.

It's a beautiful painting and a nice example of impressionism. It's a nice impression of a garden or park. Look at all those green colors and that beautiful purple-blue of the blooming flowers. In the background you can see the faint image of a lake ... must be an awesome place.

And here is my response on this prompt, again one from my archives, which I have changed a little bit lately:

tranquility
in between worlds
the city park

(C) Chèvrefeuille

I think with this haiku I have "painted" the "impression" as seen in the painting above by Louis Oscar Griffith. And this haiku fits my idea that a haiku IS just an Impression of a moment as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 11th at noon (CET). Have fun!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for alerting me to this painter. Fabulous work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete