Friday, February 13, 2015

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #73, Suzanne's "Poppies"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Impressionism is our leading theme this month and I am glad that I have found a wonderful haiku to start this week's Tan Renga Challenge with. This week I have chosen to share a haiga by Suzanne of Art and Life She submitted it for our "poppies" prompt a few days ago.
As I visited her weblog and saw this haiga I was in awe ... what a great haiga she had shared on poppies and I just had to use it for a Tan Renga Challenge. So here it is (I will give the haiga also):

Credits: Haiga "poppies" by Suzanne of "Art and Life"
And here is the haiku:

red poppies of Troy
- the blood of the fallen
bright on the grass

© Suzanne

A wonderful "impression" and with the photo a strong haiga which only can leave you in awe I think.
The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to complete or continue it by writing/composing the second (two lined) stanza towards it. Tan Renga is a short chained verse written by two poets and looks very similar with Tanka, but Tanka is written by one poet. That second stanza has two lines with each 7 syllables, but that is, as you all know, not an obligation.

Here is my attempt to write a second stanza towards this beautiful haiku by Suzanne:

red poppies of Troy
- the blood of the fallen
bright on the grass                                (© Suzanne)

heritage of battles once fought
freedom lost forever ... silence               (© Chèvrefeuille)

That wasn't an easy task, but I succeeded. I tried to turn it in a positive way and I think this second stanza brings that, but maybe you, my dear readers, have other ideas about that. Feel free to share your thoughts.

This Tan Renga Challenge is open for your submissions today at noon (CET) and will remain open until next Friday February 20th at noon (CET). For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment