Monday, February 23, 2015

Carpe Diem #674, Channel


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have a not so well-known painter of impressionism for you, she is from Russia and she has painted beautiful paintings. This painting is titled "expactation", it shows a Venice channel.
Sapozhnikova Svetlana is a modern Russian artist, but she has painted a few wonderful impressionism paintings. One of them I will share here with you.
Sapozhnikova Svetlana. Expectation
Credits: Expectation - (c) Sapozhnikova Svetlana

It is very nice painting I think and it is really an impression of a scene somewhere on the day. It's somewhat "spooky" or "hazy" and in the background it looks like the world is vanishing.

And here is another painting also by Sapozhnikova Svetlana with the same scene only on a different time of the day as you can see at the used colors. This one is also a beauty.
Sapozhnikova Svetlana.
Credits: Another sight on the channel (c) Sapozhnikova Svetlana

It's the same sphere as in the first painting and it inspired me to write the following haiku, or "impression"
the sky colors
in the most bright blue and pink
a new day rises

a new day rises
above the Venice channels
fading carnival sounds

fading carnival sounds
even the sun and clouds
are crying


(c) Chèvrefeuille


Well ... these are not my best haiku I think, but I like them for their impressions. Now it's up to you my dear Haijin to compose an all new haiku.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 26th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, another new episode of our Haiku Writing Techniques, later on.



6 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings for inspiration. Thanks for all your time to make this such a great haiku site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your impressions of Venice -- and what *gorgeous* paintings! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided to make a reappearance.. but will mostly do it from my blogspot account. I have missed you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pst - and really heartfelt haiku. I can feel you have explored and found a very strong concept, in the connection between haiku and Impressionism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These paintings are just gorgeous KP.Have never heard of this painter. Thanks for the intro !

    ReplyDelete