Saturday, February 28, 2015

Carpe Diem #677, companionship


!!! I have solved the problem !!!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at an all new month of Carpe Diem. This month we will have a special month, because this  month we will have our first Haiga-Festival month. What does that mean?
You have to respond on the prompts given with a haiga (picture & haiku/tanka) and of course the picture has to be one of your own, so you must have the copyright of it.
I realise that this will take a little bit more time, so this month I will prolong the responding time of every episode (except the CD-Special, CD-Little Creatures, Sparkling Stars and Time Glass) with 24 hours. I hope that will be enough extra time to respond.

Today our first prompt is companionship and it speaks for it's own I think, but I will try to explain why I have chosen for this prompt to start with. I have chosen for this prompt because I feel like we are all companions on the road to perfecting our haiku (and tanka) skills and I am glad with that companionship. And I remembered my first English haiku ever "a single flower / my companion / for one night" and that haiku I will use for inspiration for this episode ... to compose a tanka (smiles).


cherry blossom
accompanied by a snail
making the day
climbing and growing to the light
that's companionship


(c) Chèvrefeuille



Yes ... I almost can hear you all think "Chèvrefeuille composed a tanka!" Yes I am ... I am trying to master this poetry form also ... and so I will try them more often this month.
Well ... I hope you all did like this post and I am looking forward to all of your wonderful haiga ... have fun!

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 4th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, happiness, later on.



17 comments:

  1. This is it! Kick off time! Looking forward to this! I have a suggestion, dear esteemed colleagues: I think what Chevrefeuille does is wonderful - his post then one or two haiku of his - yes, a few others from other haiku artists, as Jen does. I do think we should limit ourselves to 1, or max 2 per day As a reader I get lost after the second, and indeed lose my sense of direction seeing some pages with a mountain of haiku. If there are thers I suggest presenting them ''hors de competition'' so to speak. Why, you may ask - because I want to concentrate on one, to savour it, appreciate it, understand it, enjoy it, reflect on it. I cannot do that with a long row, and invariably they lessen in quality down the row. Sorry, just a fact. I want to really appreciate your haiku and post, not scan down.
    I REALLY enjou those haibun, Jen, Janice, Dolores, and of course Tournesol. They make my day.
    Sorry I keep changing blogs. I get bored of the same blog and indeed same design, and hate wordpress, though they have the advntage of putting you automatically on tumblr. Tumblr. can be tough, but when the hits come they go much higher than anywhere else. You need visuals though on tumblr., so this is a good month to start.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand your point of view and will try in future to write my haiku perhaps in more posts :-)

      Delete
  2. PS by long chains of haiku I do not mean Troika, which is interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaand - it is really great reading people's comments on Chevrefeuille's page - we should do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not seeing the photo and tanka. Anyone else having this problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit ashamed, but i can't see my haiga too Dolores. I don't know what the problem is. I will try to fix it a.s.a.p.

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately it's still not visible to me and I'd love to read your tanka!

      Delete
  5. I do not use photos on my blog, but I will write haiku based on the given prompts anyway. Thanks for your understanding, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a style that I appreciate, Mark.

      Although I create haiga on occasion I don't typically pair my poetry with an image. Images steal the thunder of the poetry every time.

      So I completely understand.

      Delete
  6. K P your first English haiku is just lovely...up there with your best !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was on the road tonight so I'm not sure if I responded to this or not -- but -- YAY! Haiga! This will be so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And by the way --- everyone should visit the Tanka Shrine!

    http://chevrefeuillestankashrine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be nice to have everyone meet here. Shows an appreciation for the work being put in by our host I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for coming by ~ always good to have you read my work and looking forward to your tanka ~ love your haiku ~ very Zen!

    Happy Week to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome haiga, Kristjaan! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete