Thursday, February 26, 2015

Carpe Diem #675, House (au Auvers)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a lovely month we have had this February and what a joy it will be to go on with images next month, but than made by yourself, because next month it is haiga-festival month. Of course I will give you all more time to respond, I will prolong the time to respond with 24 hours.

Ok back to today's prompt House (au Auvers) a wonderful painting (post-impressionism) by Vincent Van Gogh. In his last years he lived at Auvers were he has painted a lot of Auvers houses and I couldn't decide which to use, so I have chosen for a not so well known painting of a House au Auvers by Van Gogh.

Credits: House au Auvers - Vincent Van Gogh
It's a wonderful painting and I think you can see that this painting is from the post impressionism time. It's more a realistic image and not an impression. I think this is one of his most beautiful paintings and I think it will inspire you all ... in a great way.

green and yellow
shadows dance on the wall
a gentle breeze

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I have tried to catch an "impression" of the painting in this haiku and I even have tried to bring in a few Writing Techniques e.g. karumi and wabi sabi. I don't know if I have succeeded, but I like this haiku a lot.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 1st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, The Orchard, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku (or tanka) with us all.

4 comments:

  1. Thatched roofs on rude homes,
    growing as the seasons turn;
    organic farm-hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to write some.
    nice theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this painting. It is special isn't it. The Netherlands must be very proud of producing such a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, Sunday morning arrived a bit too early for me to link up, but here's my response to the prompt :)
    http://sue-blake.com/2015/03/01/the-earth-is-narrow/

    ReplyDelete