Friday, February 6, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Machine #3, Blue


!! I publish this episode earlier, because I am in the nightshift !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today (Saturday February 7th) I present our third episode of our Time Machine feature in which we are "playing-again" with prompts from our rich history of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. As you all know this month it's all about Impressionism and Impressions and I love to follow that also in these Time Machine episodes (our next Time Machine episode is on February 21st).
Today's Time Machine goes back to November 7th (what a coincedence) 2012. At that time, Carpe Diem Haiku Kai was only Carpe Diem a daily haiku-meme which I had started in October 2012. There were nice responses and a small group of regular visitors. In that period of November I had a whole week planned with prompts about the rainbow and at November 7th it was the color Blue as is our prompt for today's Time Machine episode. (You can find that episode HERE)

Ok ... today's "playing-again" is Blue and is inspired on the following painting:

Credits: City Garden in Blue by Mary Clanahan (digital impressionism)
I think this is a wonderful "modern" impressionistic painting digitally made by Mary Clanahan ... it shows you a city in Blue ... it's really more like an impression than a real painting ... but I like the brightness of the colors and I think this is one of her greatest paintings ever. Must be easy to write an all new haiku inspired on this painting ...

coloring sky
mysterious and magical
is it day or night?

(C) Chèvrefeuille

the blue city mirrored
in the transparency of the pond
sparkling rainbow

(C) Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I think this was a nice way to "play again" with a prompt from our rich CDHK history and I hope you all did like it.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until February 9th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our next episode, the second haiku by our featured haiku-poetess Fuyuko Tomita, later on. For now ... have fun ... be inspired and share your haiku with us all.



3 comments:

  1. I like this! The picture reminded of Rhapsody in Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely series of haiku ~ love the 'rainbow' sparkling and always wonderful creations on your blog! xo
    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and zoe

    ReplyDelete