Saturday, June 6, 2015

Carpe Diem #750 dawn


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a wonderful summerday we had here in The Netherlands yesterday (June 5th) ... a cloudless sky full sun and less wind. To hot ... for a simple dutchman ...
As I started creating this episode I thought immediately at the "encore" episode "washing my feet", because the haiku which I wrote for that episode could have been used for today's post, but .... well I will try to write an all new one for this episode.

We are discovering modern kigo as gathered by Jane Reichhold in her saijiki "A Dictionary of Haiku" and here are a few haiku she wrote for today's prompt dawn.

first light
pouring into lava mountains
cloud red


dawn
with the light
winds
© Jane Reichhold

Credits: dawn
through reed
the rising sun
a new day

© Chèvrefeuille

beads of bright dew
hanging from the bamboo leaves
what a richness
© Chèvrefeuille

I hope this episode inspires you all to write haiku, tanka or haibun. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 9th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, Rallentanda's 2nd haiku, later on.

2 comments:

  1. Mine is up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/dawn-2/

    ReplyDelete