- Carpe Diem Haiku Kai February 2018 "Along The Silk Road"
- SOUCHOU our online e-zine
- Carpe Diem's Winter Retreat 2018 Peace Within
- Carpe Diem Lecture 1
- Carpe Diem's Library
- Carpe Diem's Kukai ...
- Preview E-Book "Furu Ike Ya"
- All My Years a tribute CDHK E-book for Jane Reichhold
- TROIKU, A new form of haiku
- Preview CDHK E-book "Flamingo Clouds" Troiku
- Tan Renga the short linked chain of two stanza
- Preview "Chained Together" an anthology of Tan Ren...
- Prompt Suggestions
Sunday, June 7, 2015
Carpe Diem Time Glass #30 summer solstice
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
We have missed it a little while, but now it's here again ... our time challenging feature "Time Glass" in which you have just 24 hours to respond on a given prompt and photo. And today I have a prompt for you in the theme of this month "summertime".
This Time Glass episode is about the "summer solstice" and the following image:
The goal is to write a haiku, tanka, kyoka or haibun (or haiga) inspired on this prompt and photo and to submit that within 24 hours. With this time challenging feature I try to "learn" you all to respond in a short time, just as a haiku is that short sound of a pebble thrown into water, ... not an easy task, but it's not impossible.
Share your inspired haiku within 24 hours with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. Have fun!
This Time Glass episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open for just 24 hours until June 8th at 7.00 PM (CET).