Sunday, June 14, 2015

Carpe Diem Time Glass #31, Basho's "first celebrate"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure to bring you an all new episode of our time challenging feature "Time Glass" in which I challenge you all to sit in the moment, that short moment of the sound of a pebble thrown into water. That one moment in which you realize that a scene inspires you to write a haiku.
This week I will challenge you a little bit more. Mostly you have 24 hours to respond, but this week I will give you all just 18 hours to respond on a given prompt and image. This time our prompt is not a single word, but a haiku composed by Basho (1644-1694).

mazu iwae ume o kokoro no fuyu-gomeri

first celebrate
the flowers in your heart
confined in winter


© Basho (Tr. Jane Reichhold)

I know that this will not be easy, but as I was preparing and creating this "Time Glass" episode I was inspired myself and wrote the following haiku:

grateful
first cherry blossom
in the moonlight


© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Cherry blossom in the moonlight Nagano
Well .... I hope this "Time Glass" episode will inspire you to write an all new haiku within 18 hours (instead of 24 hours). I know it will not be an easy task, but .... well have fun, be inspired and share your haiku within 18 hours with us all here at our Haiku Kai.

This episode of our "Time Glass" feature is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 15th 13.00 PM (CET). So you have just 18 hours to respond. Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. I usually join the game as a later player but coming in second on this challenge today :) Hope you all have a beautiful day! Thank you to our host for these daily stretching exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to our host for a lovely Sunday prompt, the celebration aspect of my Sunday Lime today fitted this prompt so i was happy to link in

    A lovely Sunday to all

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine haiku by Basho, and very nicely-emulated by you - the first time I think you managed to put cherry blossoms and the moon in the same haiku, Basho would have been proud!

    ReplyDelete