Saturday, June 27, 2015

Carpe Diem #764 stones


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

June is almost at its end, we have just three days to go and than a new month will start. I am busy with creating our new prompt-list for July and maybe you can remember one of my earlier posts. Next month we will go on further with exploring summer kigo only this month all our prompts will be classical Japanese kigo. (OUR NEW PROMPT LIST IS READY ABOVE IN THE MENU)

Today our prompt is stones I had some difficulties to relate to summer with this prompt, but finally, as I was walking along the seashore I saw why Jane has chosen this modern summer kigo. Wet stones are looking fabulous and like gems or crystals. As the sun shines on the wet stones the stones shimmer like diamonds and I think that wonderful sight you can only have in summer. Jane has chosen very well here are a few of her haiku she uses as an example for this prompt:

words of god
spoken softly by
river stones

moonset
where the water was
a white stone

beach nap
the afternoon covers me
with stone shadow

(C) Jane Reichhold

I especially like the first one of these examples, but that's personal of course.

Credits: stones
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 30th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, leaves, later on. For now .... be inspired and share your haiku with us all.

2 comments:

  1. Just so the whole group knows.... I am a rock lover. So there will be nothing but wonderful verses as you will be writing about these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jane enjoys the river walk very much.
    Thanks Kristjaan there is something about the stone that is alluring.

    ReplyDelete