Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Carpe Diem #757 desert


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have another nice modern summer kigo for you and maybe I have done that earlier somewhere in our rich CDHK history, but that I don't know for sure. It's again a prompt which will inspire MMT the most I think, because she is living in the desert. You will understand that our prompt for today is desert and these are the haiku which Jane Reichhold uses as an example for this modern summer kigo:

desert
awakened by silence
filled with dark

stars
in the sand
desert gift

your voice
tying me to the desert
toast pops up

© Jane Reichhold

Aren't they gorgeous? I especially like the second haiku shared here, because of the nice "free style" way of composing it. Through this free style this haiku is very strong and intense.


Credits: desert
my own desert
re-decorating the garden
in bright sunlight

© Chèvrefeuille

A few other "desert"-haiku, the first an oldie from my personal weblog Chèvrefeuille's Haiku-blog and a new (re-done) one.

in the desert
the heat, the sand ... my eyes
a Fata Morgana


tears fall
lost and alone in the desert
just the moon and I

© Chèvrefeuille

Ah! The desert, one of our wonderful "eco-systems". I have learned to admire the desert through the posts of MMT. Her photos and haiku have done that to me.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 20th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, day dreaming, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen lots of Ese and MMT's haiku in the past but never thought to come here. Sorry! My education begins :)

    ReplyDelete