Thursday, June 18, 2015

Carpe Diem 758 day dreaming


Dear Haijin,visitors and travelers,

Do you sometimes day dream? I certainly do day dream on a regular bases. For example ... a few days ago I day dreamed how it will be to have a special CDHK-day to meet each other in real life. Through the Internet we are connected with each other almost every day. What a joy it would be to meet each other, but I know that will never happen, but  we can meet each other in another way. For example how would it be to once in a say quarter of a year speak each other through Skype or another way through a chat or podcast. These are just a few examples of my day dreams. Do you day fream?

Today our 'summertime' month is halfway and today our prompt is day dreaming. I don't think it's especially something you do in summer, but in a way I can understand why Jane has brought this into her saijiki 'A Dictionary of Haiku', which we use this month to explore modern kigo (seasonwords) for summer. In summer we live most of the time outside and we have, for sure, lazy days and moments in which we are day dreaming. E.g look at the clouds. sometimes they look like mysterious landscapes and than our mind goes on a 'flight'. We are adventurers who are discovering new countries, new forms of life and so on. 

mysterious landscapes
rise and unfold before my eyes
worlds of clouds

© Chèvrefeuille

Ah those mysterious and magical worlds unfolding before your eyes in blue sky speckled with clouds. Clouds like landscapes in which mountain-peeks reach for the sun. Fantasy worlds with strange rivers, trees and animals ... all fantastic images. Maybe this is not really day dreaming, but it certainly feels like that.

Credits: Day Dreaming (to inspire others)
In her saijiki Jane gives a few examples of haiku themed 'day dreming' . And here are a few of her example-haiku for this modern kigo:

as if alive
the surf rolls a log
on the beach

a trail
to the sea horizon
her vision


Two beauties as I may say so. Especially the 2nd haiku I like very much. That last 'her vision' is really awesome. It points directly to day dreaming and I like that scene which Jane paints with her words. It will not be easy to 'catch' day dreaming into an all new haiku therefore I have chosen to write my haiku in the 'baransu' style starting with the first line of the above haiku by myself.

mysterious landscapes
hidden behind the thin mist
a rooster crows

© Chèvrefeuille

Do you see my day dream? Isn't it wonderful?

Another one:

eyes wide open
my mind takes a flight with my imagination
a gathering of poets

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope this episode inspires you. Let the day dreaming begin and bring you the visions you dream of. Have fun!

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 21st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your inspired haiku with us all here at our Haiku Kai.


2 comments:

  1. I love that image so much, Kristjaan, "a gathering of poets", wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Chevrefeuille. I read your rooster haiku several times -- savoring it -- wow.

    ReplyDelete