Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #46


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We have missed them last month, but now Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu (our former Ghost Writer feature) is back and as promised as I announced the results of our first kukai, our runner up, Lolly of "look for a lovely thing" is our featured haiku poetess for this new Tokubetsudesu episode.

Lolly became "runner up" with the following haiku:

entwined
in white wisteria vine …
spring moon

© Lolly

A beautiful haiku as I may say so. Lolly has been part of Carpe Diem from almost the beginning of Carpe Diem. She first appeared with a haiku at the start of December 2012 with a haiku in response on "Indian Summer" (Koharu). Later on that month she published several haiku in response on our CDHK prompts. For example, this one in response on "Narcissus": 

tall stems lean over
the reflecting pool's edge
narcissus flowers


© Lolly

During the years Lolly was a frequent participant at CDHK and we saw change her entries, they became better and better. She also shared Tanka with us in response on several prompts.

An example of one of her tanka:

sifting through
the personal effects
of a spider's web
an autumn wind loosens
another anchor thread


© Lolly

To conclude this Tokubetsudesu episode I have a wonderful haiga for you created (and copyrighted) by Lolly:
Haiga by Lolly
It's really a joy to have her in our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Family ... she is a great artist and I think her re-produced poems in this post can be a great source of inspiration for you all. Let the poems inspired you to write haiku, tanka or haiga and share them with us.

Here is my inspired haiku ....


such a hot day
my shadow needs to cool down
under the willow

© Chèvrefeuille

It's an oldie. I wrote this one somewhere in 2011 at my personal weblog.

This Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 5th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, clouds, later on. For now .... have fun!


6 comments:

  1. Oh the dear link is down.. I will check back later .. here is my inspired haiku. http://brudberg.blogspot.se/2015/06/carpe-diem-haiku-water-lilies.html

    I must say that Lolly is the poetess who always make me feel humble of being in this company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You have given us a glimpse of Lolly's beautiful poetry...she is truly a poet that I admire ...her words are smooth like honey...and each time I am in awe of her work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bjorn when referring to Lolly and her poetry ... her fantastic talent makes me feel very clumsy indeed ... as Cheryl-Lynn says her work is awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolly's are indeed beautiful but I also love your haiku, Kristjaan - the idea of it being so hot that even your shadow needs some shade. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lolly's poetry reminds me of the soft sweeps of the paintbrush on the canvas - inspiring work indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank each of you again for your support and beautiful verse for the "Song for Liberia" project. We are taking time putting each "note" where it belongs in the song.

    ReplyDelete